Friday 30 September 2016

Imperial Assault- the Grand Inquisitor

The Grand Inquisitor is a characterful bad guy from Star Wars: Rebels, who has shown up in Imperial Assault. He's a former Jedi from Utapau, turned Jedi-hunter.


Well sculpted details made this figure a pleasure to paint. The colour scheme is simple but striking. The lightsaber doesn't come out as well in these photos as it does in person, but I feel that the reflected glow shows up nicely on this dark armour.

I have enjoyed Rebels, and hope that the characters from there make it to my tabletop at some stage.

7 comments:

  1. Impressive work, I'm always impressed by anyone that tackles lighting effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed... it's daunting, and lightsabers are an excellent excuse to work on it :D Nice figure, I have to say.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, guys. It is easier with dark clothes etc., and the lightsabers really force your hand... (no pun intended)

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I have this model sitting on my desk waiting to be painted too! Great work on the source lighting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raptor, I hope you enjoy painting him too!

      Delete