Friday 19 August 2016

Imperial Assault: Greedo and Obi-Wan

Greedo


I can't help but feel a little sorry for Greedo, pulled posthumously into a controversy not of his making. He's got an interesting palette of pastel colours, and a fairly monochromatic face. I painted the eyes with gunmetal and two blue washes. It was a mild struggle getting good definition between his green-blue face and his blue-green flight suit, but it came out OK in the end.

Greedo becomes famous

Obi-Wan


He only really came together for me when I painted his hair and beard. Not a bad figure, but I'm not sure how often he will hit my tabletop being, well, dead. From a certain point of view.

Obi-Wan teaches his last lesson

12 comments:

  1. History revisionists have a lot to answer for...

    Great figs Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on them both really love Greebo's skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see him reevaluating his life choices.

      Delete
  3. Very impressive painting. Greedo has always been one my favourite minor characters, & you've done him justice. I really like the detail of the Corellian bloodstripes on Han's trousers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PC! I like to think he was trying to make a name for himself so he could get out and go straight.

      Delete
  4. That lighting effect you did on Obi Wan's sleeve is great

    ReplyDelete