Thursday 21 November 2013

Happy name day, Blog!



Happy Second Birthday to Wargaming with Barks! It's been another fun year in the hobby, and I'm celebrating with you with wine, women, and song*. We're all here carousing and reminiscing about the stuff I've got done in the last twelvemonth. I think my favourite little thing was the Zulu project.


Here's a taste of some other things I got done:
15mm Russian counter-terror team

15mm African militia


Get to da choppa!
Blood Bowl Vampire team
River experiment
Larger than Lief
Hobbitses!
I painted more Lord of the Rings than I had anticipated, and less Saga. I made it to four Blood Bowl tournaments. After Blood Bowl (21 games), the most gaming I had was with a pleasantly engaging and thematic cardgame, Netrunner. I played quite a variety of other new (to me) games this year, all boardgames. I finally got to try Twilight Struggle. I've gone in for a few crowd-funded doodads, including a Jane Austen card game. Yes.

It has been a good year. Thanks for your comments and advice, it really helps. I never really see myself as a numbers-chaser, but I casually note in passing that I'm approaching 100 followers, am well over 100 posts, and have gone through the 45K hits mark.

As my birthday gift to you, I'm going to try and tweak the settings to remove the wretched Captcha gizmo, so that comments flow more freely. If I'm getting spammed, then I'll sadly reconsider.

Unfortunately, however, I'm going to be decreasing the frequency of my posts for a while because of external forces. Bitter, sinister, external forces. I'm not going away, but it will be a little quieter around here for a while. I'll pop around every now and then to dust things off and air the curtains. There is so much to be done...


* individual experiences may vary.

19 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed you posts alot, Mr. Barks. Happy Day to you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a pleasure, Jay, thanks for your support!

      Delete
  2. Happy Bloggiversary! I say, you've gotten quite a lot done this year. I still need to try your solo method for battle cry et al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to look back. It seems so long since I was doing those Hobbits in November 2012...

      Let us know how you fare with solo borg!

      Delete
  3. Happy Blog-Birthday Barks! Sme great projects in there and I'm glad to say I at least caught up with you at one of those BB tourneys - I hope for more in the next 12 months too!

    May those sinister forces not be strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul, I shall look forwards to being pummeled into the turf by you! I'm enjoying watching your bromance with Dux blossom!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Andrew, I'm looking forwards to it all as well! (except prepping, I hate prepping).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many happy returns Barks! Looking forward to the next two! Great pictures, and I especially like the Russian counter-terror team- Eureka miniatures? I'm not sure if I've seen them available yet, but probably a senior moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GR- they are indeed Eureka:

      http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_102_820&sort=3a&page=1

      Delete
  6. Very nice dude. You always get 10 times as much as I can ever do and I really don't think I've got the real world expectations on me that you do so that makes it all the more impressive. I'm sure Bill is just as jealous as your BB efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epic procrastination!

      I like to think I not only taught Bill everything he knows about BB, but also that I taught him how to paint... that's what I tell everyone, anyway!

      Delete
  7. Congrats to the blogiversary! Keep painting those LotR-models!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cupcakes Mr Barks! I'm bitterly disappointed I missed the soirée xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Talula! It was a very civilised high tea indeed, shame you couldn't make it!

      Delete
  9. State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Uttar Pradesh every year releases textbooks for Classes 1-10th.The latest Uttar Pradesh SCERT Textbooks are provided in Bengali, Hindi, and English Mediums. SCERT UP 5th Class e-Books Students who are looking for 1st standard to 12th standard SCERT Uttar Pradesh books can download from this page in pdf format. you can access Classwise Uttar Pradesh Textbooks for all subjects for free of cost in English, Bengali, and Hindi mediums.

    ReplyDelete