Sunday 22 April 2012

WotR Day 10- Gondor

Gondor was a struggle. I didn't dip these; in hindsight maybe some black dip would have been useful. I sloshed Woodland Scenics Raw Umber over the horses and bases, then picked out everything in black. This got a drybrush in dark grey. I did the footsoldiers' faces in Flesh with a watered-down wash of Lighthorse Brown, then picked out all the metal in Silver. I was irritable and sloppy here, but just wanted to get them finished. Finally, emblems in White and a coat of polyurethane gloss varnish.
Gondor Leaders and elite
Gondor regulars
You can see the drying varnish above. They're not my best paintjobs, but the simple striking scheme is handy, and black always hides your faults.
 
Elves tomorrow, to get them out of the way? Or dwarves? Or the Fellowship for some variety? I'm nearly there...

No comments:

Post a Comment